Recent Alerts from Nixle
South Montgomery County Fire Department
27900 Robinson Road
Conroe, TX 77385
Voice: 281-363-FIRE (3473)
WE ARE HIRING!
Oral Interviews June 15th and June 16th
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age with no upper age limit.
- Possess, at minimum, a Basic Certification for Structural Fire Suppression from theTexas Commission on Fire Protection by hire date. Out-of-State applicants must be in thereciprocity process with TCFP prior to test date, must provide proof and status to theDistrict at testing.
- Possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and be able to obtain a Class B license within90 days of appointment to position. Out-of-State applicants must obtain Texas Driver’sLicense within 30 days by state law.
- Possess, at a minimum, an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) certification fromthe Texas Department of State Health Services (TSDHS) by hire date. Out-of-Stateapplicants must be in the reciprocity process with TDSHS prior to test date, and mustprovide proof and status to the District at testing.
- Applicant must pass a criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen andhealth physical prior to appointment
- Starting salary of $47,853.92 while on probation, based on a 9 day rotation, with 13Platoon Days annually (additional days off) to reduce the average workweek to 50 hours.
- Available certification incentives include $100.00 per month/Intermediate, $200.00 permonth/Advanced and $300.00 per month/Master TCFP firefighters.
- Longevity incentive of $5.00 per check for each year of service with MCESD8.
- Non-tobacco use incentives of $50.00 per month for non-tobacco users.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance is available for employee and family.
- Paid Benefit sick, vacation and holiday time.
- Retirement program through TCDRS with 2:1 match, based on a 7% contribution rate.
- Deferred compensation plan available.
The South Montgomery County Fire Department is a rapidly growing all-career department 30 minutes north of Houston. The District covers approximately 53 square miles with a population of 70,000 plus. Over the last ten years, the District has grown from one staffed station to five stations, with the sixth station bieng schedlued to open in late September or early October. We have exhausted our last several hiring lists and are still growing. There will be advancement opportunities for many more years to come.
In 2014, the District achieved an ISO Class 1 ranking District wide from the Insurance ServicesOffice. We are one of less than 150 departments in the nation to receive this recognition.
Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to the address below:
For our Application please CLICK HERE
For more information Please CLICK HERE